Designed to support internationally mobile Rotarians currently living in Stuttgart, the club provides local connectivity as well as access to the esteemed Rotarian network here in Germany and throughout the world. Current members hail from over 12 different countries and we welcome all visiting Rotarians interested in our global perspective on Rotarian traditions.
A Message from Our President
Welcome to the home page of the Rotary Club Stuttgart International (RCSI). Our currently 50 members are international minded business people, entrepreneurs, educators, artists, doctors, lawyers, consultants and other valued members of their respective communities. 17 % of our members are female at present and we aim at minimum 25 % in the next years. Ages range from 28 to 75 years with an average of 51 years. With this number we are one of the younger Rotary clubs by age and we want to maintain this position also in the future.
Having said that, we are actively looking for new members, ideally non German or German with an international background (for very young candidates we will make an exception) and interesting professions.
Our club meets weekly at the Le Meridien hotel on Thursdays at 19.30. Any Rotarian or any guest recommended by other Rotarians is welcome to attend our meetings which are held in English, our formal club language. In addition to our meetings we also have frequent social events and outings that take advantage of opportunities in and around Stuttgart and the surrounding area.
In the relatively short time since our club has been established in 2011 (we just celebrated our 5th club anniversary in September 2016 in the German Automobile Club in Stuttgart), we have become active on several fields :
- Helping those truly in need in Stuttgart with several hands-on activities
- Collecting bikes in 2013 and 2015 for South African young pupils and financing the construction of a classroom building there
- Financing one apartment for the McDonald Foundation Kinderhilfe in Tübingen
- Financing the renovation of a home for handicapped Children in Alexandria
- Helping refugees in the Stuttgart region
- Collecting bottle caps for the worldwide Rotarian polio campaign
This was partially done through various fundraising activities, amongst them 'Night of the Stars', two golf tournaments and two concerts - Gospel and opara (both in 2016 , starring RCSI members).
Further details can be found on this homepage.
RCSI is an exciting and dynamic club, the diverse membership bringing unique experiences and skills together to share with our club members. We are also engaging in discussions about actual topics regarding international or political developments and in public dialogue about how to create an ever improving better world.
If You are interested in becoming part of our club and helping to achieve our goals, please pay us a visit at one of our regular meetings.
Contact by E-mail to : Stuttgartemail@example.com
Hans J. Strüder, President RCSI 2016/17
9:00 Eintreffen mit kleinem Frühstück
9:30 – 10:45 Themenblock I – Wichtige Neuerungen
- Anforderungen Datenschutz & Transparenzregister
- Internet Services: RO.CAS/RO.WEB, Brand Centre
- CoR - Das neue Council on Resolutions
10:45 – 11:30 Kaffeepause und Zeit für Gespräche
11:30 – 12:45 Themenblock II – Über das Tagesgeschäft hinaus
- Gastvortrag Plant-for-the-Planet
- Rotaract Youth Camp
- Hamburg International Convention 2019
- Mitgliedschaft bei Rotary: Potentialeliten statt Positionseliten
12:45 - 13:30 Mittagessen, anschl. Gruppenfoto
13:45 – 15:15 Besichtigung des Weltkulturerbes mit der
barocken Abteikirche und dem Museum
15:30 Ende der Veranstaltung